Sunday, August 15, 2010

Cancer Aware-A-Bration 2010









The term "cancer" is one that I have known most of my life. I have seen so many loved ones affected by various cancers. The aware-a-bration reminds me of how strong my Grandpa Pearson was. He was diagnosed with a brain tumor and given 6 months to live, luckily for me he not only "survived" but out-lived the doctor who did surgery and diagnosed him! It reminds me of the many survivors in my immediate family including my dad and the many who lost the battle and have gone on.
Over the past 2 years I have been really impacted by breast cancer an my very dear friend who has fought a great battle. I knew Barb for a couple of years and she lived nearby when she was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I began visiting with her and felt the need to help out in whatever ways I could............ Over a short time we developed a great friendship. I cannot imagine my life without a friend so strong and faithful as she is. Our friendship began thanks to cancer in a way.
"Friends don't let friends fight cancer alone"






No comments: