Friday, April 16, 2010

Never a dull moment!

Okay, so I am most definately not going to win "Mother of the Year!" A couple of weeks ago I had committed to attend a Moore Community Association Meeting in Moore (Carson was supposed to be home this time, but of course ended up working overtime) that I felt I needed to make a quick appearance. I left Bryton, C.L. and Darci at home. I had my phone (with sketchy cell service) and wasn't planning on being gone more than an hour. Well, an hour was almost up when I received a frantic call from Bryton saying that Darci had a string on her finger and was freaking out. Well, due to lack of explanation I first told her to rinse the finger in cold water (thinking it was just tied on tight or something) and see if she would relax. A few minutes went by and I was packing up to head home when she called again. She was unable to get Darci to calm down and couldn't get the string out of her finger. Well then I got nervous so I told her to call Grandma Bogie. I knew it would be faster than waiting for me to come from Moore.
Well long story short, Darci and C.L. were playing with my sewing machine. Darci wanted C.L. to "stamp" her finger. He pressed on the pedal and she got stamped! Only it left the thread running through her finger! Grandpa Bogie was able to remove the thread from her finger and she was instantly calmed down and better........... C.L. on the other hand was devastated. He was so scared that he had really hurt his little sister that he was in tears! I am pretty sure that one of them won't ever play with the sewing machine again! (Sorry to say that Darci should be the impacted one,but I doubt it!)
We tried not to laugh too much about the event. Of course I have had the same experience only I sewed my own finger and walked in to my mom with the needle still in my finger! Darci still likes to show everyone her finger and she thinks it is a great conversation piece!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Hum just like her mom. lOL