Tuesday, July 7, 2009

July, Where??????



Okay, I realize that I live in Idaho, and sometimes the weather can be a bit un-predictable, but when I got home the other day I could have sworn I went back to March at least!

Honestly I had a drift of Hail at my back door! I couldn't find the snow shovel, but could have used it!
Then there was the lake! It never fails that when we get a lot of rain/snow/hail that it has to gather at the front of our Garage! When I came home and found it seeping into the Garage I decided that I better do something with our drain. Carson put a board over the opening of the drain to protect small feet of children and dog from getting hurt. However it also was preventing the 6-8 inches of standing water from going away fast enough and it was still raining! So, I took my pregnant self out in the middle of the lake in irrigation boots with a hammer to pry out the board. Thank goodness only a couple of neighbors got to witness that one!

Notice the water on the bicycle tires! It was quite exciting. We have had a series of Hail storms and I am afraid that this one and the one that followed on Sunday may have taken my garden by storm literally. Maybe this year wasn't the year for me to start gardening! I guess we will just have to wait and see.

2 comments:

Kayla Pearson said...

Crazy weather! Wow!

Liz King Bradley said...

That looks like a pain in the neck! Sorry! Hope it gets sunny for a while!