Sunday, January 25, 2009

Taking time to appreciate messes...............






After a long reflective, emotional week I finally gave in and let the kids get out the paints for a project that they have been begging to do.






C.L. did really well dealing with the death of his dear friend/classmate Jaxon Angell. He drowned on Monday and it has been a week full of questions and appreciation for the blessings that I have and the small challenges that I have faced in my life. My heart just aches for his family, especially his parents.........






Some days I forget how much fun the kids can be. Darci being the determined 2 year old with way too much energy, C.L. and his newfound Nintendo DS obsession, and Bryton and her pure enjoyment in the simple things of life. I guess sometimes I need a reminder of how much I love all the little things

3 comments:

Rachel said...

We all need to be reminded occasionally. Life comes too fast sometimes and we just need to slow down and enjoy the little things-- especially the little kids cause they don't stay little very long.

Kayla Pearson said...

Thank you for the reminder to slow down and enjoy the simple things. I'm sorry to hear about this family's loss. Difficult times have a way of making us reevaluate our lives and realize what is really important.

Angela said...

Good to catch up. Loved seeing your cute family. Thinking of you and appreciating the wonderful person you are.