Friday, June 6, 2008

PRICELESS







One 2006 Colorado Quarter.............................$ .25



Two Emergency Rooms.....................................$ Thousands



One 6 year old little boy.....................................$ Priceless






The excitement began around 4pm on May 31. I guess he needed to close out a busy month with a bang or something. Anyhow we were driving home from Arco and all of the sudden C.L. was choking and panicking. He had swallowed a quarter............................ Well, we turned around and took him to the Emergency Room in Arco.




However our journey didn't end there. After getting an x-ray we discovered that the quarter was standing just above his esophagus. So I called my mom and asked her to come with me and we headed across the desert to Idaho Falls while Carson stayed home with the other 2 kids.


It became a big long waiting game and the doctor decided that we would have to put C.L. under anesthesia and they would scope to remove the quarter. However we had to wait until almost 11:30 for the anesthesiologist. He was in surgery for about 45 minutes. It was a long and brutal 45 minutes, especially since I had to let him go in crying for me.......................... They were sucessful at removing the quarter and then we had to wait for him to qualify to leave. He was so upset when they moved him to another room that he just sobbed "I want to go Home!" Of course by that point so did mom and grandma.


We were discharged from the hospital at 1:30 a.m. and headed for home. C.L. hasn't really shown any affects from this event, but I don't think either mom or myself have completely recovered and the poor people in our classes on Sunday morning had to deal with lack of sleep and preparation. I was so glad to have mom with me, we actually almost ran out of things to talk about. It just doesn't seem that we spend near enough time together just visiting, so I guess I could take that one good thing out of the trip! Love you Mom!


Events like this make me so grateful for my children and how precious they are. Eleven long hours to wait to make sure my baby was okay was torture. However it also makes me so grateful for the health and strength that my family has. We are truly blessed.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I was all teared up by the end, so glad he is ok,glad your sweet mom was with you!!